Sunday, January 9, 2011

Love to Home

I sit here alone in the apartment, Alex and Steven are out for a walk before Steven heads out for another week long seminar.  I am lonely, feeling cut off from the world.  I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the thought of being here with just Alex for an entire week. However, I guess I better get used to it. 
I learned something new today.  In Uganda a person buys band width time to use the internet.  Steven bought me bandwidth time four days after we arrived and I have used 80% of it up already.   I guess this means I have to slow down on skyping home… which really sucks because I need my family and friends. 
Speaking of family, I have the most wonderful family on the face of the earth.  I have a wonderful husband, Steven and a fabulous son, Alex, but I have so many more people in my life.  People who mean the world to me, my parents who are absolutely devastated that I am so far away and want me to come home before I even left… I love them dearly… they are my rock and what keeps me going.  I have an amazing mother in law and father in law.  Whoever said that in laws are a pain did not have mine.   My mother in law is absolutely one of my best friends and I miss her terribly.  I also have a terrific sister whom I love dearly, a wonderful sister in law, three outstanding brother in laws, and three precious nephews.  My family members do not stop there even though that is a lot.  You see my husband, son and I are host family to several international students from all over the world…If I took the time to name all of them I would run out of space so I will say this they are my daughters, sons and I have one lovely granddaughter.  Gosh how I miss them.  All my children are so loving and caring and I am proud of all them for who they are and who they are becoming. Thank you all for allowing me to be a part of your life.
As for my friends you all know who you are… and you all know I love you dearly.  Without friendship a person can lead a very lonely and sad life… I am so glad that I have my friends to pick me up when I am down and give me strength to keep going. 
Why am I writing all of this you ask?  I am not sure to be honest with you…. I guess I just wanted to feel close to home and thinking about all of these people makes me feel like I am home.  There is a saying” home is where the heart is”In my case home is where my family and friends are. I left a lot of love back home and I miss it terribly, but I will survive this.  I have already given and gotten so much love in the nine days I have been here. 

My purpose for being here is very simple.  It is about giving of oneself to make the world a better place.  I hope I am doing that… my theme song… “Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me”  this is my goal..... PEACE ON EARTH....... a very big goal indeed, but I am determined to accomplish it with all your help.  I will end this by saying three very simple words……. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment