Sunday, January 9, 2011

Night of the Living Mosquito

There have been very few times in my life that I can say on a January night a mosquito would not let me sleep... Last night was one of those nights.  I secured the windows and doors before settling into bed for the night. ( I must admit I am a little nervous being here alone with Alex while Steven is on one of his week long journeys, but I must remain tough for the boy.)  Mom's have their way of sounding like they are under control without anyone suspecting a thing.... or at least I think so... You see normally Alex goes to his room and We go to ours, but last night given my little nervous issue I calmly mentioned to Alex if HE got scared HE could come into my room and be with me... all the while hoping he would jump at the chance just so I would not have to indure the night alone.  Yeh he did...so we locked the door behind us and off to bed we went.  Sleep finally came after a while of talking and tossing and turning, but suddenly I was woken up by this buzzing.  At first I thought my ears were ringing so I shook my head and tried to go back to sleep... buzz buzz buzz... I knew then I had more company in my room than just alex... unwanted company at that... I got up turned the light on and tried to find the little pest unsuccessful I turned the light off hoping that he would leave us alone.  NOT SO... a little later buzz buzz buzz....that was it... I started waving my arms swating and hitting the air... (Alex woke up and said mom are you ok) I said yes go back to sleep... Maybe I got rid of the pest... sleep came but I am sure while I slept the mosquito was filling his belly with my delcious blood.  Again, awake.... buzz buzz buzz...that was it I started hitting and swatting again but this time with language not repeatable for the internet (sorry mom)... Alex again woke up..."mom are you going crazy?"  Yes honey mommy is going crazy now go back to sleep....I never did find that pesty mosquito but I guarantee you today I am out for the kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment